Team Spotlight – Business Development

The key person who introduces ProtoShare into companies' development processes and helps them gain team buy-in

This week we have our final Team Spotlight installment. Josh (yep, we have a couple) is really good at learning what people’s pain points are in the interactive development process and communicating the benefits and best practices of collaborative prototyping. And despite the Irish temper stereotype, Josh is really a laid back guy.

Josh Chaney, VP of Business Development

What is it you do at Site9?
I work in a marketing and sales role. A big part of my job is working with customers and prospective customers to find the most efficient way to integrate ProtoShare into their existing process.

How long have you been with Site9?
I came on board just after ProtoShare was launched 3 years ago.

What do you like most about your job?
I like seeing the look of excitement on someone’s face when the light bulb goes off and they realize their job is about to get a little easier. I also like the fact that I have developed friendships with smart and interesting people at companies all over the world.

Tell us something most people wouldn’t guess upon first meeting you.
Hmmm, well, I bartended back in my college years. That was a long time ago, but I can still make a killer margarita from scratch. Email me if you want the recipe!

Favorite food/restaurant
I love Greek food, but Portland has so many good restaurants that I like mixing it up and trying new places.

Favorite book
I’d love to sound sophisticated and throw out a great book like War and Peace or The Odyssey, but to be honest, the bulk of my reading these days is business magazines like Fast Company and Inc.. I like to keep up with what’s happening in the start-up world.

Favorite movie
It’s tough to narrow it down to one, but I’d probably have to say The Big Lebowski – “Mark it a zero, Smokie.”

Words to live by
Instead of having “answers” on a math test, they should just call them “impressions,” and if you got a different “impression,” so what, can’t we all be brothers?  – Jack Handey

When I’m not working, I’m likely…fly fishing, getting together with friends to watch sports (particularly Oregon Ducks football and St. Mary’s basketball), or hitting the dog park with my wife and our pug, Lu.

Other hobbies
Fly fishing, playing poker or watching sports with friends.

Best accomplishment in life so far
Probably the people I have around me.  I married a great girl and have the best family and friends. But, I’m also proud of the fact that I was able to train my pug to be a retriever.

Share with us an item on your Bucket List
I’d like to see a Red Sox game at Fenway.

This year, I’m most looking forward to…Summer. The weather in Portland has been particularly wet this year, but the combination of Portland and good summer weather is tough to beat.

What do you like most about ProtoShare?
The fact that ProtoShare is web-based. The collaboration and flexibility of the cloud is a big advantage today, but it gives us nearly unlimited potential for future releases.

Best ProtoShare tip
So many people use ProtoShare to create and discuss prototypes, but you can also upload, share and review design comps from your favorite graphic design tools.  Some of our agency clients will even make the design comps interactive by overlaying ProtoShare components, invisible hyperlinks, and states to create clickable comps for user testing.

This entry was posted in Business. Bookmark the permalink.

Previous post:
Next post:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *