It’s All About Collaboration

As you know, we’re big on stakeholder and team collaboration here at ProtoShare, especially early on in the website and application development processes. The more you collaborate early on in the process, the better the final result will be – and the less rework you’ll have to do later.

Founder, president, and CTO of Site9, Andrew Mottaz, continues to write about collaboration among design and development teams with esteemed online UX magazine Johnny Holland.

Take a look at his latest articles and join the discussions. We learn through dialogue and discovery, so feel free to share your experiences with the Johnny Holland community.

The Challenges of Inter-team Communication

Are you on the same team as your developers? Your business stakeholders? I hope you at least have similar goals, but how do you know if you’re on the same team?

Collaborative Prototyping, Groupthink and Design by Committee

Collaboration stinks. At least it was my first thought when I read the following statement in the New York Times article ‘The Rise of the New Groupthink’: “..decades of research show that individuals almost always perform better than groups in both quality and quantity, and group performance gets worse as group size increases.”

And if you missed his first article:

Creating a Shared Understanding

Creating a shared understanding among stakeholders is crucial and that UX is really the best-positioned team to facilitate this. I have a specific idea of what a shared understanding means. Shared understanding means that everyone knows what will be built and why it will be built that way.

This entry was posted in Blog, Industry. Bookmark the permalink.

Previous post:
Next post:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>